It’s not usually the colours I’d go for but it’s so cheerful and really what a granny square basic should be – nice and bright and colourful. I did go wrong in one place but you can’t tell without examining closely, and it’s not put off N who sprawled on it as soon as I laid it out.
I probably need to block the blanket – wet it, and pin it out straight to make it even while it dries, but I’m not sure I can be bothered. The blanket’s just the right size for cosying under when it’s cold. The original kit suggested 95cm square but it’s nearly double that. I ran out of wool from the kit on 3 colours, even though at the start my tension wasn’t too far out from the guide. So I’m not sure what exactly went wrong. Luckily I could order more wool and it’s ended up being a better size for non-babies.
I now need to decide on my next project. Like usual, I’ll probably stop crocheting in March and not pick it up again until Autumn.