There are some great benefits to living where we do.
Living close to family.
Plenty of space for N to play in.
The downside is that it’s pretty breezy because there’s no shelter from other houses or hedges etc. The bonus of that of course, is that it’s great for flying kites. When I say kites, I mean easy light ones, not massive stunt kites. I think we’d have to go up our hills to use those.
We have had a couple of nice warm, sunny days recently and got out in the garden for some fresh air. We’ve never replaced the trampoline that got destroyed in the storms a couple of years ago which was a shame, but there’s still usually plenty for N to do. But he said he was bored so I suggesting getting his kite out.
A couple of years ago I put these parafoil pocket kites in his party bags and they’re great for children. They’re light, easy to store, and are really easy to get off the ground. Well, if you’re taller than a 6 year old it seems.
N gave it a good go, but the grass is still really boggy at the moment so couldn’t really go round the side of the house where you catch more of the wind. So after a few attempts I was left to it while he went off to cut the grass and then build a pretty impressive nest.
I love flying kites. I find it really relaxing and it’s satisfying to keep them up in the air. Although I think I need to upgrade to a double handle one so I can practise a bit more than just having it flying upright. The awkward bit is trying to get a photo at the same time.
Hopefully we’ll get some more kite flying in soon – and I must remember to take a couple on our upcoming summer camping trip for the campsite and beach.
To celebrate Spring and hopefully some better weather, I’m giving away 2 of these pocket kites (*affiliate link, colours may vary). All you need to do is tell me Where you would fly a kite and who with in the comments below, complete your entry in the rafflecopter widget. There are bonus entries if you want extra entries.
- UK entry only
- Giveaway closes 11.59pm 23rd April 2017
- Entries will be validated according to the rules of entry
- There are 2 parafoil pocket kite prizes
- The data of anyone that enters won’t be passed on to any third parties or used for any unsolicited marketing communications.
- This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook or any other social media.
- Winner will be randomly chosen, and will be shown on this post. Further notifications of the 2 winners may be shared on social media.
- The winners will be notified via email, and will need to respond with their postal address within 3 weeks otherwise a further winner will be drawn.
- Prizes will be sent out within 30 days of receiving postal details, via Royal Mail
- This giveaway may be featured on Loquax, Prizefinder and Superlucky