It’s great when you see a toy of today and can remember when the range first launched when you were a child. We used to love playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and they’ve definitely stood the test of time, having a resurgence and launching much more interesting toys than were previously available. Can you believe there’s also a TMNT museum, sharing all the previous reincarnations!
N’s only just getting interested in figure toys, mostly down to influence from tv adverts and friends who mention various characters. He’s only caught a brief glimpse of TMNT on tv at the moment, spotted the fighting and said ‘that’s scary mummy’ and got me to turn over. I’m thinking it’ll be a year or two before he’ll watch the show.
Last year saw the turtles appear on the big screen. If you’ve not seen the movie, the heroes in a half shell have to save New York from the evil Shredder, aided by their trusty reporter friend April and sensei Splinter. With modern day animation, the film certainly delivers in the action scenes, as well as the characteristic humour shown through the relationships of the gang of four. The movie certainly features big names, including Whoopi Goldberg, Megan Fox and Johnny Knoxville.
The film Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is out now to own on Blu-ray and DVD from Paramount.
If your children need something to entertain themselves at the end of half term, they can download the activity sheets below.
If you’ve not seen the film, and have a fan in the house, I’ve got a dvd to giveaway to one lucky reader. Just answer the question and enter via the rafflecopter widget.
Terms & Conditions
- UK entry only, over 18s
- Giveaway closes 11.59pm 16th March 2015
- Entries will be validated according to the rules of entry
- There is 1 prize of a TMNT dvd
- The data of anyone that enters won’t be passed on to any third parties or used for any unsolicited marketing communications.
- Winner will be randomly chosen, and will be shown on this post, with further notifications shared on social media.
- Winner will be notified via email, and will need to respond with their postal address within 2 weeks otherwise a further winner will be drawn.
- Prize will be sent out within 30 days
- This giveaway may be featured on Loquax, Prizefinder and Superlucky
Disclosure: I’ve been given a dvd to giveaway. All words are my own.