When I was a child I had an i-spy book of horses. I loved that little book, having been bought it at Banbury Museum just after moving to the area. I didn’t really manage to tick off many of the horses, but I loved it all the same. So when I heard that I-Spy books were being relaunched this summer, it made me smile. I jumped at the chance to take a look and try the modern versions out ourselves.
If you’ve never come across Michelin I-spy books before, they’re a lovely range of activity books based on the game i-spy. Each book is set around a theme, and the reader gets points if they tick off seeing objects in the book.
The new range from Collins includes The night sky, At the airport, At the seaside and so many more. Each one is a small book, perfect for children, and easy to carry around in a bag or large pocket on a day out. At £2.99 they’re cheap enough to be a pocket money purchase, and are great to entertain children on holiday. N took his At the Seaside one with us camping. He loves a little notebook, and managed to spot quite a few of the items across the coastal places we visited. So he’s already got to over 400 points collected, and well on his way to the 1000 he needs to send off for his badge and certificate.
Hopefully the activity books while we’re out and about will encourage him to read and learn more about what he sees.
Once you collect enough points children can send off for a certificate and a Super I-Spy Spotter badge. The books have been around for 60 years and are a classic collectable now.
Terms and conditions
- UK entry only, over 18s
- Giveaway closes 11.59pm 21st August 2016
- Entries will be validated according to the rules of entry
- There are 2 prizes of 4 I-spy books
- The data of anyone that enters won’t be passed on to any third parties or used for any unsolicited marketing communications.
- This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook or any other social media.
- Winner will be randomly chosen, and will be shown on this post, with further notifications shared on social media.
- Winner will be notified via email, and will need to respond with their postal address within 3 weeks otherwise a further winner will be drawn.
- Prize will be sent out within 30 days of receiving postal details.
- This giveaway may be featured on Loquax, Prizefinder and Superlucky
Disclosure: We were sent books to review and giveaway. All views and opinions are my own.