Personally I’m not a fan of fancy dress, but it’s great for children to be able to dress up, role play and get involved whenever there’s a dressing up day at nursery or school. N has a couple of fancy dress outfits, so I was pleased to be able to work with allfancydress.com and choosing a costume.
We opted for a child’s knight costume. I was surprised at how much is included in this outfit for the price. We had trousers, overshirt, belt, boot covers, hood and cape. We have swords and shield at home to go with it. As the smaller size age 3-4 wouldn’t last N past this winter, we had the age 5-7. It’s obviously long, but will last him a good few years.
N was keen to try on the costume. We didn’t bother with the trousers and boot covers as they’ll be too long at the moment, but N decided he wanted to show Granny him being a knight. We couldn’t find his wooden sword, hence him combining it with a pirate’s cutlass!
I think the costume looks great. It doesn’t feel really cheap like some do, and N was happy to pick and mix the different pieces. He’s not as keen on the cape because the velcro fastening pulls against his throat as the cape weight pulls it back. This is always an issue, unless capes have attachments to shoulders, so not unique to this costume.
He also wanted to wear it going to Warwick Castle today…until he walked away from the car, then started stripping it off. Overall, it’s a great costume, and will do the job for all types of ‘knight’ requirements in dressing up.
If you want to get your hands on a costume from allfancydress.com, I have a £40 voucher to give away. The website has a huge variety of different costumes for men, women and children, along different themes. So whether you’ve got an end of summer party, or are looking forward to Halloween, this could be the prize for you.
To enter, you just need to visit allfancydress.com and tell me which costume you’d buy, then enter via the rafflecopter widget. Other entry methods are optional.
1. UK entry only, over 18s
2. Mandatory entry by answering a question
3. Giveaway closes 11.59pm 28 Aug 2014
4. Entries will be validated
5. Winner will be randomly chosen, and will be shown on this post, and further notifications shared on social media.
6. Winner will be notified via email, and will need to respond with their postal address within 3 weeks of receiving notification of the win otherwise a further winner will be drawn.
7. £40 voucher will be sent within 30 days of address notification. Voucher includes postage
8. Competition maybe featured on Loquax, Super lucky me and Prize Finder
Disclosure: We were given the choice of a costume to review. All opinions and words are my own.