If you’re a fan of nature documentaries and penguins, you’ll probably have seen the first Academy Award winning documentary film, March of the Penguins. Now March of the Penguins 2: The Next Step is released in November so we can follow the emperor penguins across Antarctica again.
Second time round we follow a first time father, courtship, trials of looking after an egg, birth of his chick, and then their waddle across the ice to show how they cope heading to the ocean in such harsh conditions as the chick grows. When we watched it (ok, I watched it, because N proclaimed it boring and a girls film), there were plenty of oohs and ahhs, as I’m a big penguin fan. We don’t watch many nature documentaries nowadays, so it’s nice to sit down and watch the heart-warming story as they progress their march.
Celebrated filmmaker Luc Jacquet documented the footage over 2 months shooting in the Antarctic winter using 4k cameras, drones and under-ice diving to really get close to the lives of the penguins. Narrated by Morgan Freeman, it’s really beautifully shot documentary with his silky tones – definitely the wow factor
You can watch the trailer here
And the film is available to buy on DVD, Blueray or digital download from 5th November.
To celebrate the release of the March of the Penguins 2: The Next Step, I’ve teamed up with Lionsgate Home Entertainment UK to give 2 lucky readers the chance to win a copy of the DVD.
To enter, just answer the following question then complete the Gleam widget to confirm your entry:
Who is the director of March of the Penguins 2: The Next Step?
Terms and conditions
- UK entry only
- Giveaway closes 11.59pm 25th November 2018
- Entries will be validated according to the rules of entry
- There 2 prizes of March of the Penguins 2 DVD
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- Winner will be randomly chosen, and will be shown on this post. The winner’s name may be shared on social media.
- The winner will be notified via email, and will need to respond with their postal address within 3 weeks otherwise a further winner will be drawn.
- Prizes will be sent out within 30 days of receiving postal details.
- Also listed on loquax, the prizefinder, superlucky and competition database
Disclosure: I was sent a copy of the DVD for the purpose of review.