It’s been a busy week this week, and a mix of weather. Starting with the beautiful sunshine and warmth of Sunday, and finishing off with rain and a bit of a windy chill. Still, it’s been nice to be able to get out and about again, plus the lighter days mean better photos! Yay.
Here’s what’s been going on this week.
- A day at Batsford Arboretum. N found a ‘stick man’, so he’s been dragging that round at home as well.
- N’s been getting back into his puzzles this week. He used to be really good at trying themselves, but now he always wants help. So I’m trying to encourage him, although he still doesn’t grasp that the easy way to do them is to do corners and edges first!
- Up by N’s nursery, a couple of guys have been relaying the hedge for weeks. It looks amazing and has really tidied up the verges as well. I just had to stop and take a photo.
- Saw this card of liquorice allsorts when I was shopping for another card. If my mum was still here, I’d have been buying it for her for mother’s day. She loved allsorts
- Every day without fail I wake up to find N in bed with me after his dad’s gone to work. I never hear him get in, but it’s lovely to wake up to him (minus My Pal Scout!)
- Our nursery are always fundraising, and Friday was Bags for Schools day. I did a good clear out of my wardrobe (about 20 pairs of non-fitting jeans amongst other bits and pieces) and some vest/sleepsuits/t shirts of N’s. I put in 5 huge bags, so hopefully the nursery and school get some good funds from the collection.
- I’ve finally managed to get back to reading and crocheting (down to lots of late nights!). I’ve had this crochet blanket (and another one) on the go for a while, but my bobble stitch was taking a long time to finish the row. I’m now 4 1/2 rows on, so glad it’s moving faster now. Maybe I’ll have finished it by the end of the Summer!