Given that this week is National Breakfast Week, I thought it was quite appropriate to think about breakfast in our house…or out of our house.
I’m a big believer in breakfast, even though I find I tend to eat more through the day if I eat breakfast early on. But with nursery, work, and the OH having an early start, we do tend to eat all over the place.
The OH always goes out early and does work first before then eating breakfast at the farm before coming over to see us when we get up. Three days a week N has breakfast at nursery…except he usually is hungry before then so wants breakfast at home as soon as he gets up. It really winds me up when I’m paying for food for him at nursery. I tend to take my breakfast to work, especially if N’s waiting until nursery for breakfast. The other 2 weekdays we eat breakfast together.
If I don’t make him something for breakfast, he’ll just make it himself. Usually he gets up early, I go with him downstairs and get him something to eat, then leave him watching a dvd while I go back upstairs and sleep until my alarm goes off. One morning a few months ago, I came downstairs to the smell of toast. And N sitting in the living room with an empty plate of crumbs. Yes, he’d dragged a chair over to fridge, got butter out, a knife, some bread, and toasted it in the toaster, then attempted to butter it, and sat down to eat it. I couldn’t believe it.
He’s usually a bit of a pain with breakfast. He can just never decide what to have. Mostly he’s not that keen on toast, he sometimes has raisin bread (although the Sainsbury’s version isn’t going down well at the moment but untoasted (bleurgh!). It’s rare he eats cereal at home, unless he’s eating with his dad, and then he’ll scoff down 2 shredded wheat. A yoghurt goes down well, but most of the time he wants sandwiches. Just very strange. Personally I don’t know why he’s not that keen on toast. For me, I could eat lots of it in one go given the chance.
What I really need is a great toaster which has wide and narrow bread options, plus a warmer on top. My current one still works although the OH always does toast on the Aga instead. No idea why, because the toast stays firm and the butter doesn’t sink in but he obviously likes it that way.
Anyway, if you’re a breakfast or toast fan and would like to try a new toaster, I have one to give away thanks to House of Fraser.
If you want to enter, just answer the question, then go back to the widget and enter. There are various optional methods for extra entries.
- UK entry only, over 18s
- Giveaway closes 11.59pm 21st February 2015
- Entries will be validated according to the rules of entry
- There is 1 prize of a toaster worth up to £40. If unavailable at the time of win, an alternative toaster of similar value may be substituted.
- The data of anyone that enters won’t be passed on to any third parties or used for any unsolicited marketing communications.
- Winner will be randomly chosen, and will be shown on this post, with further notifications shared on social media.
- Winner will be notified via email, and will need to respond with their postal address within 2 weeks otherwise a further winner will be drawn.
- Prize will be sent out within 30 days.
- This giveaway may be featured on Loquax, Prizefinder and Superlucky
Disclosure: I was given the opportunity to host this competition on behalf of House of Fraser. All words and opinions are my own.