These interview questions have been going round my Facebook friends recently.
While I can have a conversation with N, he’s not really got into ‘favourites’ and ‘bests’, so I wasn’t sure how it would go. Needless to say, even after a couple of attempts and doing a few questions at a time it’s obvious he has no concept of what a favourite thing is, or even some of the nouns.
- What’s your favourite colour? Natey (hmm, himself?)
- What’s your favourite toy? ….(looks round at his toys, no answer)
- What’s your favourite food? Eat up
- What’s your favourite tv show? Tractor Ted (what a surprise!)
- Where do we live? In there…shopping (so much for me teaching him the town we’re near, and that we’re on a farm)
- What does Mummy do? Mummy mummy
- What does Daddy do? Daddy’s Ralph
- Who’s your best friend? Katherine (err? The only Katherine he knows is his room leader at nursery)
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Want to go downstairs, go on tractor
- What’s your favourite thing to do with Mummy? Go to a party
- What’s your favourite thing to do with Daddy? Go to a party
- If you could go anywhere, where would you go? Go watch Tractor Ted
- What makes you happy? Yes…happy happy Alex (sings, happy, happy, happy).
- What makes you sad? Tommo (his cousin, not sure about that one!)
- What makes you scared? …(no answer)
- What’s your favourite sport? Watch Tractor Ted (theme going on here then)
- What’s your favourite ice cream? Yellow
It’s definitely very interesting to see how different the answers are from his peers. Some like N are blank and don’t know what you’re asking them, others seem to be really clear and totally understand it all which is pretty amazing.