Having had an unplanned c-section with N, I’ve obviously got a scar. I was lucky enough to have one of the best surgeons at doing the op in the area according to a few people I spoke to, and considering N’s size, it was a relatively small cut. The scar was never really bumpy as some people’s are, and the actual scar has faded really well (to be expected after 2 years, but it faded really quickly).
But I was interested to try out the Kelo-cote® scar gel I was sent to see what would happen to my scar. I also have a leg ‘scar’ or gouge that is a different colour to my leg from a trip a few years ago, so I’ll be trying the gel on that as well.
I’m only a couple of days in, but compared to other branded scar oils this is definitely much thicker and easier to put on. I find with the oils they just run off, but with this you rub it over the scar. It does feel thick and although it’s not greasy, it doesn’t seem to soak into the skin but just sit on top as it dries. It will be interesting to see how it improves the appearance after a few weeks.
Kelo-cote® is a clinically proven silicone gel, used with the aim of reducing scars, with best results seen after 3 months. You can use it on new or old scars – any type of scar can benefit. After it’s applied, it dries like a top layer of skin to protect the underlying layers of skin, protecting the scar area as it heals. It’s benefits include:
- odourless and transparent
- suitable for use on children, pregnant women, and sensitive skin
- can be used on scars from c-sections, burns, wounds etc
- easy to use, twice daily application recommended
- wide usage in the NHS for burns treatment
- can be used as soon as stitches have been removed and wound is closed.
It’s available in several different options and formats: spray, gels x2 sizes and a UV protection version. All can be purchased from www.kelo-cote.co.uk.
In addition to trying Kelo-cote® gel out, Kelo-cote® are also offering one of my readers the opportunity to win a limited edition goody bag of Kelo-cote® scar reduction products and Kelo-stretchTM for stretch marks, worth over £85 including:
- Kelo-cote® Gel (15g, £29.99) and Kelo-cote® UV(15g, £31.50) to reduce the appearance of scars
- Kelo-stretchTM (125ml, £25.99) to help treat and prevent stretch marks