I’m a huge rom com fan – unfortunate when the OH’s favourite films are old westerns, war movies and fighting/action films. But I got a treat when I was sent the new DVD release of Mother’s Day to review.
Directed by Gary Marshall, Mother’s Day has a stellar cast including Jennifer Aniston, Julia Roberts and Kate Hudson, plus the gorgeous (even if he does have a beard) Jason Sudeikis. The movie explores what motherhood means to eat woman in their different situations as well as their relationships with partners and families, all as mother’s day approaches.
As well as the laugh out loud moments – in particular I love Jennifer Aniston’s comic timing – there’s the expected poignant moments where it makes you reflect on things in your own life.
I really enjoyed Mother’s Day and I was lucky enough to watch it all in one go, in peace while N was out on the farm with his dad. So I didn’t have to explain why I was crying at the end…I’m such a wuss when watching films whether it’s happy or sad (I blame watching International Velvet as a child).
You can download or buy it on DVD or Blueray from 3rd October. Alternatively, why not enter to win one of three copies of the DVD. Just answer the question ‘What’s your favourite rom com and why?’ in the comments, then enter via the rafflecopter to confirm your entry. There are additional bonus entry options.
Terms and conditions
- UK entry only, over 18s
- Giveaway closes 11.59pm 30th Oct 2016
- Entries will be validated according to the rules of entry
- There are 3 dvd prizes
- The data of anyone that enters won’t be passed on to any third parties or used for any unsolicited marketing communications.
- Winner will be randomly chosen, and will be shown on this post, with further notifications shared on social media.
- Winner will be notified via email, and will need to respond with their postal address within 3 weeks otherwise a further winner will be drawn.
- Prize will be sent out within 30 days from the distributor/pr.
- This giveaway may be featured on Loquax, Prizefinder and Superlucky
Disclosure: I was sent a Mother’s Day dvd for the purpose of review.