*Contains affiliate links
We were introduced to Dobble last Boxing Day. We’d gone for tea to my sister-in-law’s house and one of her 16 year old niece had brought it along for everyone to play. It went down really well with all ages of children, and the adults having a go, so I was debating getting it for us in future.
But recently, I was lucky enough to receive the newly launched Dobble Kids to review. This is based on the same premise as Dobble, but made slightly easier so younger children can play.
The age it’s aimed at is age 4-8, and my 7 year old nephew jumped at the chance to play the other day with me. N turned his nose up, but then there were tractors to play with! I’m hoping he might have a go soon, because he does quite like a game of Snap even though he’s not the most focused or observant of players. Maybe Dobble Kids would help retain his focus better.
The pack of round cards comes in their own tin, along with the instructions for 5 game variations. The main game is that 2 cards get turned up, and players have to be the first to spot the animal which is on both cards. There’ll always be one animal the same on any pair of cards.
Even though all the pictures are animals, and have fewer pictures than the original Dobble, it’s still quite hard – I thrashed the nephew and he said it was difficult to spot. I think it’s a case of getting your eye in.
Apart from you being able to play with lots of players, you can play on your own as well, so there are lots of variations of the game. And for younger children, there’s also the chance to learn and talk about the different animals as you play.
I’m also running a competition to give away Dobble Kids to one lucky reader. To be in with a chance of winning, just answer the question, then enter via the rafflecopter widget. There are additional options for bonus entries.
T and Cs
- UK entry only, over 18s
- Giveaway closes 11.59pm 10th December 2015
- Entries will be validated according to the rules of entry
- There is 1 prize of Dobble Kids
- The data of anyone that enters won’t be passed on to any third parties or used for any unsolicited marketing communications.
- Winner will be randomly chosen, and will be shown on this post, with further notifications shared on social media.
- Winner will be notified via email, and will need to respond with their postal address within 2 weeks otherwise a further winner will be drawn.
- Prize will be sent out within 30 days from Esdevium Games
- This giveaway may be featured on Loquax, Prizefinder and Superlucky
Disclosure: We were sent Dobble Kids for the purpose of review. All words and opinions are my own.