I think it’s going to one of those listography’s which after I’ve written it, I then remember all the other annoying things that I’ve forgotten about! Here are my phrases that I can’t stand (I’ve tried to not include too much office speak, because obviously there are loads of office jargon/terminology which are so annoying):
1. CU L8tr – or in fact, any text speak or shockingly spelt/grammatically incorrect phrase that people have written outside of a text message. Use proper english so I don’t have to use a translator to work out what you’re trying to tell me.
2. Singing from the same hymn sheet. Urg, hate it.
3. Let’s touch base. Mmm, nope.
4. Passing over/away. When someone says this to me, it always takes me a while to realise what they’re talking about. I’m black or white me, none of that fluffy stuff.
5. ‘Well” as in “well fit” etc, ie extreme or very. Similarly putting “like” in the middle of sentences where it really shouldn’t go.
Ultimately I’d like people to write correctly. It’s bad enough hearing people saying ridiculous things, but it’s much harder to understand what people are meaning when something’s written poorly.
Check out other people’s views over at KateTakes5.