We’ve worked with Reading Eggs a couple of times in the past, and I’m pleased to announce formally that we’re part of their new Golden Eggsplorers team along with 7 other bloggers.
If you’ve not come across Reading Eggs and have children from the age of 3 to around 13, I’d definitely recommend checking them out. The Reading Eggs programme includes reading and support for ages 3-7, splitting the levels into age/reading standard. Then Reading Eggspress is for 7-12 year olds. From the younger ones like N, starting out learning to recognise letters, Reading Eggs provides different games of recognition to help young children with phonics and combining letters and starting to read. At the other end, Reading Eggspress encourages children who already read to develop further. In addition there’s also Mathseeds, a fun way of bringing numbers and maths to life, again from preschool age.
We’ve had a Reading Eggs subscriptions for a while. You can read our previous review, but I have to admit that we’re a bit hit and miss about following the programme at the moment. But with N approaching school I want to be able to get what he knows now a bit more stuck in his head. We’ve still not made it past reading ‘I am Sam’! N does like the bitesized chunks of activities and games though, it’s a great way to do a bit at a time and build on what you did previously.
We like to work through the journey, and N always gets excited about getting the golden eggs. It’s the equivalent of gold star stickers, and I try and get him to count them as the fall into his egg basket on collection so doubling up with letters and numbers.
Being part of the Golden Eggsplorers team, we’ll be bringing our experiences to the blog, undertaking some challenges, and just generally shouting about any Reading Eggs updates. The latest campaign is School Readiness which is launched today so do go and check it out if you’ve got a preschooler.
You can find the other Golden Eggsplorers, all at different stages in their reading journeys, below:
If you want to find out more about Reading Eggs and help your pre-schooler get ready for school, or even help school age children with a little reading or maths reminder over the school holidays, then you can use the link here to get try it out.
I’m also running a competition where one person will win a Reading Eggs and Mathseeds subscription worth £47.95. All you need to do is answer the question in the comments, come back and enter via the rafflecopter widget.
- UK entry only, over 18s
- Giveaway closes 11.59pm 13th June 2015
- Entries will be validated according to the rules of entry
- There is 1 prize of a Reading Eggs subscription worth £47. There’s no cash equivalent.
- The data of anyone that enters won’t be passed on to any third parties or used for any unsolicited marketing communications.
- Winner will be randomly chosen, and will be shown on this post, with further notifications shared on social media.
- Winner will be notified via email, and will need to respond with their postal address within 3 weeks otherwise a further winner will be drawn.
- Prize will be sent out within 30 days, from the promoter, ReadingEggs.
- This giveaway may be featured on Loquax, Prizefinder and Superlucky