You might have heard of the 73 questions for Vogue, which quickly became a meme goldmine. Vogue’s 73 questions were a series where different celebrities were asked quick-fire questions in order to get to know them.
I spotted it on a couple of other blogs, and decided to give it a go.
73 questions tag
1.What’s your usual Starbuck’s order?
Either a tall hot chocolate with almond milk and cream, or a strawberries and cream frappuccino with almond milk and cream (it confuses them because they assume a dairy allergy, but normal milk isn’t allowed on keto, with cream being fine – although coffee shop cream probably has sugar in which I shouldn’t have)
2. What does your workstation look like?
During the day for work or blogging, I have a reclaimed wooden desk, large monitor, notepad, pen and usually 2 water bottles. In the evening, it’s on my lap in front of the tv.
3. Favourite food?
Ice cream or pizza
4. Favourite author?
I don’t have one favourite. I used to read a lot of James Paterson, Lee Child, Harlan Coben, Jeffrey Deaver, Scott Mariani. Now I read whatever’s on offer or attracts me to the story.
5. What do you think of open relationships?
No. I don’t see the point. If you want that, don’t be in a committed relationship.
6. What is your favourite video game?
I don’t play video games
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
Low carb chocolate mousse or chocolate peppermint fat bombs. For bad food I’d treat myself to it would have to be tinned hotdogs – sandwiched between toast.
8. Favourite movie?
Strictly Ballroom. It’s dancing and romance, I cry everytime.
9. Favourite book?
I don’t think I have a favourite, although I did really enjoy Shadow of the Wind years ago.
10. Twitter or Instagram?
Twitter because I love to chat.
Instagram is just way too frustrating and you don’t really gain anything from it other than pretty pictures. Even those are hard to come by as they’re ramming more videos and horrible new test layouts down our throats. They also closed my new blog account for going against community guidelines even though I’d not posted anything yet. And didn’t give me chance to appeal either.
11. Desktop or laptop?
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
No-one’s ever really ready to have babies. When I was pondering whether I’d changed my mind and was thinking that maybe I did want to try to have a baby.
13. What project are you working on right now?
Basically my 3rd blog and getting that off the ground All Things Lists.
14. Favourite colour?
15. Did you get good grades in school?
I was a bit of a swot at school, my GCSEs were good for back then (except science – I blame the teachers for missing out a chunk of the curriculum, having never been taught anything about blood/kidneys etc in 5 years of science, and they were in all of my science papers)
A levels I did well, despite having glandular fever. My french grade was terrible, luckily my other 3 were good and got me where I wanted to go to uni.
16. Dream job?
As a child I wanted to be a ballerina, vet, and musician. Then a lawyer. If I didn’t need money I’d just work in a beautiful bookshop.
17. Play any sports?
Attempt to occasionally play a bit of tennis with N. I’m hoping that rusty rackets sessions start up at the club so I can go along and play more.
18. Do you have a degree?
Yes, a BSc in Geography
20. What is your favourite kind of blog post?
Anything that’s personal, because I’m nosy and like to see what others get up to. It’s also nice to read about places I’ve visited in the past and what they’re like nowadays.
21. What do you like to collect?
I don’t really collect things anymore, unless you count books on my Kindle. I do have quite a lot of dance shoes, and when I was losing weight I found an awful lot of jeans in my wardrobe in various sizes. But don’t collect anything in particular.
22. Describe yourself in three words?
Fair, organised, chatty
23. If you were a rapper what would your stage name be?
I’m not good at coming up with names, so I’m not sure I can think of anything. DJ Emma T
24. Who was the last person you DMed?
Probably Tesco help. Otherwise, another blogger telling them their site was unsecured.
25. What’s on top of your wish list right now?
There’s a day out I want to do during half term, but I’m not sure if I’ll get there.
26. Sorting house?
27. How many tattoos do you have?
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
Finally getting away for a break, and Covid not preventing us from doing any of the things we really wanted now things have opened up.
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
Had a lovely evening social with work friends, most I’ve not seen in person for over 2 years.
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
I went to see Top Gun Maverick at the new cinema in town with my son. His first cinema trip to see a film that wasn’t a children’s film.
31. What’s the best thing ever?
32. Favourite season?
Spring – it’s so optimistic and the weather is warming without being too hot. I love autumn too for all the colours, but then it has winter afterwards.
33. Favourite holiday?
Christmas because it’s 2 weeks off, and it’s got Christmas!
34. What fictional character do you relate to the most?
Hermione Granger – a bit swotty, everything has to be correct and right.
35. Do you like surprises?
Not really, unless they’re really nice ones I’d like.
36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had?
Winning a trip to Barcelona.
37. Which surprise made you cry?
I don’t think anything has
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve given someone else?
Not that I’ve given, but being at a surprise party for a friend was quite good fun.
39. Do you like muffins?
Yes, especially if they’ve got a filling in (sweet), although I do like english muffins with scrambled eggs and avocado
40. Do you cook often?
Pretty much every day. I’ve got a family to feed
41. What’s your favourite dessert?
Trifle or cheesecake
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Sticky toffee pudding I’m not a fan of, treacle tart or bread and butter pudding.
43. Cake or pie?
44. What’s your least favourite food?
Fish, mushrooms. I don’t eat them (apart from tuna at a push)
45. What’s your favourite condiment?
46. It’s 4am on a random Saturday. What are you eating?
Fried egg sandwich
47. If you could teach a college class, what would it be called?
Dancing your way to happiness
48. Best animated film?
The Grinch. We saw it at the cinema and loved it
49. What has a guy said or done to impress you?
The truth. I always prefer things out in the open instead of waffling or avoiding conversations
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
Play crazy golf or something similar and go for a drink
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
Go to the cinema
52. What’s the best pick up line?
‘Hi’ is a good start
53. Best comic book character?
I’m not interested in comics
54. Name three things which can always be found in your purse? (I’m taking that as handbag)
Money, phone, tissues
55. Favourite drink?
Hot chocolate or Pimms and lemonade
56. If you could play a historical character in a movie who would it be?
Maid Marian, but a cool, strong Maid Marian. It’d be great to get out the archery and learn some drama fighting skills.
57. Kittens or puppies?
58. Favourite sushi roll?
None, I’m not a fan
59. What lipstick do you use?
I’ve not worn lipstick since Covid started. There’s no point if I’m going to wear a mask. Otherwise I like Maybelline Superstay Matt Ink.
60. What foundation do you use?
A combination of Max Factor Facefinity 3 in 1 All Day flawless3 in natural, and Clinique CC cream medium.
61. Blow dry or air dry?
I’m mostly air dry because I can’t be bothered to blow dry and properly style every day
62. Who is your fashion icon?
I’m not sure I have one. Someone who’s fairly casual and relaxed.
63. Favourite Disney character?
Baloo – love Bear Necessities song in the old animated version, and he’s so relaxed and chilled out.
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
Paddington or Peter Rabbit. N and I laugh a lot when we watch kids movies.
66. Movie that made you cry?
Loads of films make me cry. International Velvet was probably the worst for me crying.
67. If you could sing a duet with anybody, who would you choose?
Ronan Keating. I loved his Ronan and friends songs on Instagram
68. If your life was a song what would the title be?
Books and dancing
69. What’s your favourite animal?
Dolphin. Super intelligent and it’s lovely to see them enjoying the sea out in the open alongside boats.
70. Favourite illustrator?
Axel Schaeffer. We used to love Julia Donaldon books, and his pictures are so obviously his, colourful and fun.
71. Person you’d like to have coffee with?
My best friend. We’ve not actually seen each other since before lockdown 1, so it would be great to catch up properly (although I don’t think coffee, so it would be hot chocolate for me)
72. What country would you like to visit?
Canada – but not for the skiing as I don’t think I could cope with the cold there. I’d want to do some canoeing and see the countryside, but also visit some of the big cities.
73. Best way to decompress?
Dancing around the kitchen to music.
Let me know if you answer these.