A year or so before N was born I decided I wanted to get a decent shower put in the bathroom, and change it all to white. Duly done, although it’s still a little unfinished (no blind, no splashback on the sink), and we’ve had no end of problems with the toilet so it’s rarely used. But the shower is bliss because we have a pump. But our towels are still a hotch potch of colours and makes.
I wanted white décor so any colour towel would go (although we do have blue panels around the bath). Although I’ve bought new towels in the past (and been given some), they’ve either not lasted, or we’re used them til they’re thin. So being asked to review bamboo towels from The Towel Shop was a chance to try them out and decide if I wanted to buy a proper set of towels.
I chose the charcoal grey – I think dark colours are much cosier in winter and when they arrived I was surprised at how soft they were although the kingfisher colourway was also calling me.
Not only are they supersoft, but the biggest selling point of bamboo towels is their absorpency, 3x more absorbent than cotton. And you can tell, they dry you off well without feeling really wet themselves. With bamboo being fast growing and taking less space than cotton, it means using the plant for textiles means it’s eco-friendly and sustainable.
The towels are also machine washable at 40 degrees which is essential these days for busy families, and their natural properties mean they’re antif-ungal and odour free.
I’ve been really impressed with these towels, and am definitely thinking of expanding my collection.
For a bit of fun I decided to make some towel animals. N wasn’t impressed, but it’s a bit of fun. Can you guess what it is?
I’ve also been given a bamboo towel bale to giveaway to one lucky reader. Just describe your dream bathroom in the comments (no need to complete url box if you don’t have a website), then complete the rafflecopter widget to enter.
Terms and conditions
- UK entry only
- Giveaway closes 11.59pm 28th May 2017
- Entries will be validated according to the rules of entry
- There is one prize of a bamboo towel bale (bath sheet, bath towel, hand towel and flannel)
- The data of anyone that enters won’t be passed on to any third parties or used for any unsolicited marketing communications.
- This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook or any other social media.
- Winner will be randomly chosen, and will be shown on this post. Further notifications of the winner may be shared on social media.
- The winners will be notified via email, and will need to respond with their postal address within 3 weeks otherwise a further winner will be drawn.
- Prizes will be sent out within 30 days of receiving postal details by The Towel Shop
- This giveaway may be featured on Loquax, Prizefinder and Superlucky
Disclosure: I was sent towels for the purpose of review. All words and opinions are my own.