*Contains affiliate links
We’re split in our house over eggs. The OH isn’t a fan unless they’re fried (due to having kept chickens in barns years ago on the farm), but N and I are big fans and would eat them in any format as often as possible. I love my egg boiler which makes 7 eggs at a time so perfect for preparing soft boiled in one go if we’ve friends to stay.
We’re a bit slapdash how we serve our boiled eggs. N and I designed our own egg cups a while back, but they’re nothing like have pretty egg cups. Like these pale blue ones we were sent.
I do love vintage style items (could spend all day looking in shops at them), and these sweet egg cups fit in really well in our farmhouse kitchen. Not only that but pale turquoise, they match our Aga.
The Eddingtons egg cups come in a pack of 4 with a rustic feel to the packaging. They’re a lovely pail design with each having the image of different types of chicken. Something a bit different – I’ve never seen egg cups like these before. And they’d be perfect for a gift – for anyone who loves chickens, or countryside lovers. If you’ve got fussy children, they can each have their own chicken egg cup – it might avoid them fighting over whose is whose (anyone else have children who fight over silly things like that? My brother and I were terrible when we were children!)
These are great for spring time too, with that lovely spring or summer colour. We might have missed using them for mother’s day breakfast in bed, but they’re a great option with Easter coming up. Use them for hiding crème eggs amongst real eggs in an easter hunt round the house if it’s wet.
As they’re metal they’re hand wash only. But they’re certainly egg cups I’d be proud to put on the table for brunch if friends are over. But I think these will last well over the years.
I have so many friends who would love these, I think I’m going to have to buy a few packs myself. You can buy the egg buckets Prezzybox for £6.99 (they have cream ones with ‘Eggs’ written on them as an alternative option).
But, I’ve been given a pack to giveaway to one lucky reader. If you’d like to win some of your own, enter by answering the question ‘What’s your favourite recipe using eggs?’
Terms and conditions
- UK entry only
- Giveaway closes 11.59pm Sunday 8th April 2018
- Entries will be validated according to the rules of entry
- There is one prize of egg cups
- The data of anyone that enters won’t be passed on to any third parties or used for any unsolicited marketing communications.
- This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook or any other social media.
- Winner will be randomly chosen, and will be shown on this post. Further notifications of the winner may be shared on social media.
- The winner will be notified via email, and will need to respond with their postal address within 4 weeks otherwise a further winner will be drawn.
- Prizes will be sent out within 30 days of receiving postal details.
- This giveaway may be featured on Loquax, Prizefinder and Superlucky
Disclosure: I was sent these for the purpose of review, and provided a competition prize. All opinions and words are my own.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.co.uk