I’m a big flower fan. Who isn’t, apart from those with allergies? I don’t think I have enough of them around the house, although one year a while back I did decide to buy flowers each week to make the place look more homely.
I have to admit my OH’s not forthcoming with flower gifts. I think in the 13 years we’ve been together he’s bought me flowers twice for birthdays – usually when he’s not yet got buying my actual present. I had much more success when I was at school with my 6th form boyfriend at boarding school, ordering me roses to be delivered…and it wasn’t even a special event. The girls in my boarding house were very impressed!
So when Serenata Flowers offered to send me a gift of my choice it was obviously going to be flowers I would choose. Looking through what types of bouquets, colours, and flowers I could order took a while, because there’s so many choices.
In the end it had to be gerberas which are my favourites. I had red gerberas at my wedding and in my bridal bouquet. I also prefer informal hand-tied flowers rather than more ornate bouquets. A mere day after my order went through and my flowers were delivered. The box wasn’t in the best state – the bottom was water logged so a little fragile, and there was a bashed in corner, but the flowers looked lovely.
They were delivered with a watery oasis type square in plastic to hold it in place during transit, and considering it’s national delivery the flowers were in a good state. Only 2 had a petal flipped over or loose so not bad going considering the state of the box. I have to admit that I was in a rush at the time, so didn’t cut off the ends of the stems…the flower really did suffer from this and only 2 days later they were badly drooping. I must remember to cut the ends in future.
The colours were great. Really bright and there were a lot of flowers in the bouquet. So many that I couldn’t get them all in one vase, so I had to split them into 2. The flowers come with flower feed to put in the water to help them last. I like the grassy additions to the bouquet as well, although they do kind of take over when they’re hanging out from the vases.
I’d love to receive a bouquet like this, and there were certainly lots of other gift options on Serenata Flowers to choose from including wine, chocolates and some amazing looking hampers.
If you’d like to choose a gift or flowers from Serenata Flowers, I have a £35 voucher to giveaway so the winner can chose what they’d like and who they’d send it to. To enter, please answer the question in the comments, then complete the widget.
1. UK entry only, over 18s
2. Giveaway closes 11.59pm 2nd May 2015
3. Entries will be validated according to the rules of entry
4. There is 1 prize of a £35 voucher for Serenata Flowers. Items can only be posted to Mainland UK.
5. The data of anyone that enters won’t be passed on to any third parties or used for any unsolicited marketing communications.
6. Winner will be randomly chosen, and will be shown on this post, with further notifications shared on social media.
7. Winner will be notified via email, and will need to respond with their postal address within 3 weeks otherwise a further winner will be drawn.
8. Prize will be sent out within 45 days, from the promoter.
9. This giveaway may be featured on Loquax, Prizefinder and Superlucky
Disclosure: I was sent flowers for the purpose of review, and given a voucher to giveaway on the blog. All views and words are my own.