Ooh, when I saw this week’s topic, it made me smile. I love Christmas songs, the old, the traditional, and many of the new ones. I just makes me warm inside.
So here are my top 5 (in no particular order):
- Merry Christmas Everyone – Shakin’ Stevens. Love seeing this each year on TOTP2 with Shaky’s bad Christmas jumper. It just makes me happy. I’m also including this as my Music Monday blog hop entry
- Fairytale of New York – The Pogues/Kirsty MacColl. Bit depressing, but Kirsty MacColl means this has to be up there. It always makes me know Christmas is coming when I hear this on the radio.
- All I want for Christmas – Mariah Carey (but the Love Actually version is the one I usually have on my ipod to sing along to)
- Baby it’s Cold Outside – Tom Jones & Cerys Matthews (not sure if this is an official Christmas song, but it’s about snow & the cold, so I’ve included it)
- O Come all ye faithful. It’s really joyful and I love singing the descant version especially at midnight mass stood next to my mum who then gets put off!
Others which come pretty close: Walking in the air (Christmas tradition to watch The Snowman every year), Do they know it’s Christmas, Let it Snow…oh, let’s face it, I just love Christmas songs.
Mariah Carey! That’s my Christmas belt out song (love the girl that sings it on Love Actually!) I’m a bit late with my link but I hope you like mine too
Some very good choices. Have you heard Mariah dueting with Justin Bieber?
Thanks for joining Music Monday 🙂 I’m dancing in my seat to Shakin Stevens great song,and great song choices 🙂
Oh how could I forget about O Come all ye faithful? It was one of my favourites in my 10 years of school choir career…
What a great list! Totally forgot about Shakin’ Stevens! I’m not a Mariah fan (I’m a rock chick after all 😉 ) but I do love her All I Want For Christmas from Love Actually – in fact that movie is a bit of a tradition in our house 🙂
Awww great songs and we share 3 . Ths was hard to do because I love just aBout all,the Christmas songs to be honest x
Great list. I love Tom Jones’s version of that song.
Love Mariah and the Love Actually version too. I love all Carols. Isn’t Christmas a wonderful, musical time of year x
I am like you and find it hard to think of a Christmas song I don’t like.
I too love the Baby it’s cold outside one
Left carols out but Oh Come All Ye Faithful is a wonderful one and I have had the luck to hear King’s College choir live and brought me to tears
‘Baby it’s cold outside’ made my list too, I also love the Love Actually version of ‘All I Want for Christmas is You’.
I love baby it’s cold outside! Thanks for sharing!
Mariah made my list too as did the Pogues. How could I of forgotten Shakin Stevens as well! Ia lso agree about We’re walking in the air’ – my boys watched The Snowman for the first time last year and loved it x