Ooh, when I saw this week’s topic, it made me smile. I love Christmas songs, the old, the traditional, and many of the new ones. I just makes me warm inside.
So here are my top 5 (in no particular order):
- Merry Christmas Everyone – Shakin’ Stevens. Love seeing this each year on TOTP2 with Shaky’s bad Christmas jumper. It just makes me happy. I’m also including this as my Music Monday blog hop entry
- Fairytale of New York – The Pogues/Kirsty MacColl. Bit depressing, but Kirsty MacColl means this has to be up there. It always makes me know Christmas is coming when I hear this on the radio.
- All I want for Christmas – Mariah Carey (but the Love Actually version is the one I usually have on my ipod to sing along to)
- Baby it’s Cold Outside – Tom Jones & Cerys Matthews (not sure if this is an official Christmas song, but it’s about snow & the cold, so I’ve included it)
- O Come all ye faithful. It’s really joyful and I love singing the descant version especially at midnight mass stood next to my mum who then gets put off!
Others which come pretty close: Walking in the air (Christmas tradition to watch The Snowman every year), Do they know it’s Christmas, Let it Snow…oh, let’s face it, I just love Christmas songs.