I go through phases with jigsaw puzzles, and this autumn has seen me get back into them again. It started with the lovely and relaxing Falcon de Luxe Christmas 2 in 1 puzzle, but has now moved onto a first for me. A Wasgij puzzle, the Christmas 2 in 1 jigsaw, named Turkey Delight.
If you’ve never come across Wasgij before, they’re like a mystery in themselves. The picture on the box isn’t what the jigsaw image ends up like. Instead, you’re given clues to solve the puzzle and build it in the right places.
This to me blew my mind. I like a picture to follow and I’ve really struggled to get my head around how it should look. My brother took one look at the box and hasn’t been back since to help out.
*contains affiliate links
With bright colours and a comedy image, I thought it would be one for N to help with, but Wasgij puzzles aren’t for the kids unless you’ve a teen with a particularly warped mind who can see alternative perspectives easily. I imagine the more of these puzzles you do, you get used to the way of thinking and seeing what the picture really is.
Wasgij puzzles are made by Jumbo, a puzzle specialist, and it’s certainly a good quality puzzle. The colours are clear and bright, and are easy to put together. What’s great about this Christmas edition puzzle is that you don’t just get one 1000 piece puzzle, you get an extra one thrown In for free. Always good value, especially if you’re gifting the puzzle.
What you don’t get is obviously a paper image to follow. The picture on the box gives you an idea, plus of course the clues. But for the bonus puzzle you don’t get anything. I have to admit, to get started on the puzzle, I had to cheat and search online for the solution. I’m just too impatient to work it out and keep trying to do it. But then, I’ve started and found that my puzzle isn’t a total mystery despite what it says, and actually is the same as the picture on the box but maybe with just a small mystery. Now I’m really confused but am determined to complete it. So far, it’s now proving to be easier than I thought. Phew.
If you’re want to be puzzled (lol), move on your jigsaw puzzle skills and savour a real challenge, then you really need to try out one of the wasgij puzzles. Completing them as a family could be a fun way to do it, although without the answer it might cause a few arguments.
The 2 in 1 Turkey Delights Christmas version is available from Amazon and other stores.
Will you be up for the Wasgij puzzle challenge?
I also have 1 puzzle to giveaway to a lucky reader. Just answer the question ‘What do you love about jigsaw puzzles?’ in the comments below and come back to complete your entry on the rafflecopter widget. Please note the t&cs below:
- UK entry only
- Giveaway closes 11.59pm 31st Dec 2017
- Entries will be validated according to the rules of entry
- There is one prize of a Wasgij puzzle
- The data of anyone that enters won’t be passed on to any third parties or used for any unsolicited marketing communications.
- This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook or any other social media.
- Winner will be randomly chosen, and will be shown on this post. Further notifications of the winner may be shared on social media.
- The winner will be notified via email, and will need to respond with their postal address within 3 weeks otherwise a further winner will be drawn.
- Prizes will be sent out within 45 days of receiving postal details.
- This giveaway may be featured on Loquax, Prizefinder and Superlucky
Disclosure: I was sent the Turkeys Delight puzzle to review All words and opinions are my own.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.co.uk